Monday, January 03, 2011

The New Year 2011 Post

Happy New Year everyone.

Frankly, I think NY's day is overrated. The only thing good about it is a free holiday. Isn't it the same day every year? It is just another day, with slightly more numerical significance.

Fireworks with many sweaty bodies (MAL) / freezing temperatures (UK)? No thank you. Not my kind of thing. Not being able to catch the tube back home after the HAPPY NEW YEAR chant is not the best way to start the year. Wise word from me, hehehe.

The only significance the new year has for me, that another set of new year resolutions are due. I think I made some last year, but by the 364th day, I've forgotten what they were, let alone check if I've accomplished them. My friends, on NY resolutions (only), I am what Big Bird likes to call a N.A.T.O. (No Action Talk Only).

But, I gotta make the New Year count somehow, so I WILL make me some resolutions! (Peer pressure, because everyone is making one, and I'm not only NATO but KIASU)

My New Year Resolutions:

1) To find my 5 other serious NY resolutions by the 5th day
2) To love my myself more: with focus on health and emotions
3) To spend less money on things I don't need
4) To spend more time with friends & family, and less on work
5) To be more environmentally friendly: recycle, save energy
6) To not be a NATO on my 2011 resolutions

That's all for now. Wish me luck. And lucks to all other with resolutions. Don't be a NATO like me.

Digressing...

AM UBER EXCITED ABOUT GOING HOME SOON! Counting down to my holiday in Dubai and going back home... in plus minus 3 weeks. But before that, plenty of loose ends to tie, and work to do before being able to properly enjoy my holiday. Less blog, more work from now.

*MARCHES OFF TO WORK*

No comments: