Sunday, September 23, 2007

Back to School

Week One came and left. But boy oh boy, tons of stuff happened all week. I don't even know where to start. Emm, to begin with, we get another brand new set of 6 modules, 5 of which will be tested at the end of the semester *holy momma, I'm gonna be so dead* only 1 lab module this semester. Dr.Morris managed to convince us that it's going to be so much fun, lovingly cultivating our very own bacterias, just to figure out the best way to kill them later on. They're supposedly harmless with the right precautions, but I'm pretty sure how I can make them harmful, lol. Beware, if someone ever steps on my tail, I might just release my very own army of bacteria on you. Wonder if my bugs will become SuperBugs if I grow them with Mozart, nyahahahaha....

My room on Ground Floor, No. 33.

My tiny room, which unexpectedly manage to accommodate so much of my junk. There's a big ass mirror, because I'm so vain, a big plastic container of emergency (Read: Junk) food, cartoon boxes of various misc junk, a shelf for books, a table, a chair, a bed, my gorgeous curtains, I love them so much, etc... Oh there's also an attached toilet right next to the shelf, which it beyond the boundaries of this photo =)

From another angle, you get my modest budget bed, a mobile drawer, a portable wardrobe, and a sister trying to prank the other sister. Not bad right? There's enough space in between the bed and the table to fit another mattress should anyone wishes to bunk in *wink* Rm 110/ month for this room. Is that a deal or what?

The days were spent loitering around Semenyih, till this day, we're still shopping for groceries, and other stuff to fill the house, and our stomach of course. One hungry day, we decided to have dinner early, before going home. By early, I meant before 6pm. We visited one of Nottingham-mers usual restaurants, Restoran Kawan Kita. This is one very peculiar experience!

They normally open at 6pm, but we were 10 minutes early, stumbling into a crazy, drunken karaoke session in the restaurant, in which, the boss was an eager participant. Tipsy and a little high, the Boss was happy to invite us in, provided we didn't mind a short wait till the workers start turning up. His mates left after another song or two, with a "Customers are more important excuse". And so, he turned to us for company *Gulp* I was terrified, talking to a drunken 60-ish old man, especially when there's only 5 of us, all girls =S Lilian and Lynnette's advice was to just nod, and entertain him, while the alcohol wears off. For awhile, it didn't happen. The next thing that happened, was the old man carrying out a jug and glass set. He wanted to give it to us, as a token of appreciation. Goodness! He is so officially drunk. Old chinese restaurant bosses don't go running around giving teenage female customers gifts!

My heart nearly leap out of my throat. Then he insisted that we play Heads or Tails with his 50 cent coin, so that we won't fight over who's getting this "wonderful" gift. *sweat* The result turned out to be 3/5 of us successfully guessed the outcome of the coin toss, to our resentment. You'll never guess what he did next. He gave this set to Say Yuen, went into his kitchen, and came out with another identical set, as well as a huge box of Tie Kuan Yin chinese tea of the Jiu Ding Xiang brand. The second set went to me, while the tea was presented to Lilian. He's uber super drunk. At that point, we were already stunned, and confused. This uncle just won't leave us like that. He added that JuLi and Lynnette, despite losing out in the coin toss, must have consolation prizes, so that they won't have any hard feelings about it. Into the kitchen he went again, and reappeared with yet another box of tea for Lynnette, and an electronic hand dryer for JuLi. It was as if he was pampering us, even insisted that his Captain takes our orders. Gosh, never felt so awkward in my life. All of this from one DRUNK boss.

The Gifts.
We tried to return it to by going through other sane staff, but they just wouldn't take it back, afraid to go against the boss' orders. Surely we don't really deserve this, our bill was only Rm 30+, I'm sure the gifts are worth more. We had no choice but to walk out with a huge box in our hands, each. Till this day, it's still sitting comfortable on our living room floor, quite untouched. What are we supposed to do with these?

Hand Dryer close-up, with the chinese name of the restaurant written on top.

Lilian excited to explore her new gadget... The Hand Dryer.

Week One ended with the Finale, which includes an array of performances at the Amphitheater. Word is, the SA spent Rm 10, 000 only the lightings and equipment. Which created quite a wonderful effect all night =) Fluffy delivered a very good performance, along with Eric, Aaron, Milor, and Kamalis. To be honest, this is the best I've seen thus far, bearing in mind that the boys only had about 4 days of officially practice together. Kudos! We also had Urban Groove, mini Urban Groove kids, Pakistani dances, and Botswanian rappers to spice up the night!

There you go, the crowd, the Admin Building amidst the special effects.

The gig itself. I have no idea, why my camera caught it when the effects happened to be MIA at the moment.

I would say it was a good way to end the opening week. The days that lie ahead are not going to be as exciting, especially when everyone starts catching the nerding bug again. Oh well, at least I can still see some Pharmacy peeps coming out to enjoy what Uni Life is all about. Purely by chance, I wasn't assigned any juniors for the Buddy Programme by Lady Luck. Maybe that's because they're not really a junior to me, technically, lol, since I'm possibly younger than half of them XD A typically Nottingham-ish sight to end this post...

Why did the duke ducks-of Nottingham cross the road?

1 comment:

Adeline Crystal Chen said...

heys!! im leaving this comment now.=D. i sound stupid.lolx!
anyways, nice blog u have here!
i'v link u already!
=D cheers!!