Monday, August 30, 2010

Fragile Emotions

My eye hurts.

There's no doubt that it was due to the tears I shed while watching some ordinary videos. Like, a contestant on X-Factor getting their moment in the auditions, etc.

Lately, I've morphed into this person with very low emotional threshold, overreacting to emotional stimulants, such as words. And not just any emotions, mind you. It's stuff like feeling touched, excited or sad... especially it is something I can relate to. Not anger though, I haven't been angry for a long time, I think I've given up on it.

I wonder if it's because my heart has gone fragile since its last massive injury. Imagine a heart shaped china that was smashed to pieces. It may have took a long period of time to be pieced back together again. With industrial strength super glue, if you like. And now the china is standing again in its original shape. But you know, it is not as strong as before. You give it a little poke, and you can feel the structure shaking, but not yet breaking.

Something like that, yeah. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm just not sure if I should (or can) do something about it. One thing's for sure though, that things happen in life, and they can change you. For better, or for worse, only time will be able to tell.

No comments: