Sunday, May 20, 2007

Mothers Day

13th May 2007

Event : Mother's Day 2007
Venue : Elitis Ancala, Valencia.
Time : Lunch time
Company : The rest of Valencia residents

Now if I have to name a single thing that this place has, that my old place in Menjalara doesn't have, it would be the amazing bond of the community here. There's nearly always a reason for celebration in Valencia, just like their slogan, I certainly am experiencing "Time of your life". I'm not doing any free advertising of any kind, but it really is a nice place to live in. They're are still launching new phases, and can I remind you guys, I would be delighted to have you all to come live near me. Lol!

We were sent a glitzy invitation card to another community event. Apparently, you don't have to be a mom to be invited. There was a treasure hunt session, but we were too busy snoring away to attend that, teeheehee... But with food on the itenary, there's absolutely no reason why I should miss that! We were up and ready by Lunch time!

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a huge white-and-lilac tent. Nearly circus-like, but less colourful. We were ushered in, in no time. Registration thus follows, along with souvenirs. I'm extremely satisfied with the huge piece of heart shaped Belgium chocolate =)

Oh I just love signing huge boards, it makes me feel like a star!
"Queen of Hearts" I like that theme, very original.

Fantastic decoration, very impressive, for a tent. This is definitely the kind of treatment moms would love. Flowers, hearts, food, balloons, textiles blending in tasteful harmony.

A sumptious food spread that's bound to excite anyone's tastebuds. Well, mine was stimulated badly, can you see those candy??? Tongue's tingling , saliva glands activated...

Beautiful table decoration comprising of ferns, berries, tea leaves, eustomas, roses and more.
I dare not imagine how much it cost to put one of these on every table.

Daddy enjoying his "morning" coffee...

True to their theme, they're totally commited to treating royalties here.
Note: Mom overdose ahead. Proceed with caution.

My mom, typically simple and fuss free, nervous about the makeover, with her lovely make up artist in white, and me on the camera (obviously).

Mom getting her locks primped up by another lady.

"I'm a gorgeous queen and am not afraid to flaunt it "
*smirks*

"Now, now, we don't wanna mess up my professionally done hair"

"I think I'll give a him a Moma Lisa"

What better way to relax other than to be massaged to your satisfaction.

"I'm the Queen, massage me."

"No baby, I'm off duty, go find daddy."

And SuetMun pretended to be a mom get a free massage too.

The most popular attraction, which queue lasted for an hour.

A golden Mothers Day moment for ya. But Ma, you weren't supposed to move when they're drawing.

A near complete caricature. Oddly, it reminds me of the sign on toilet doors with the word "Ladies" underneath.

Look who was there too! JingHui, JingEr, my students cum neighbours!
(in Buck-toothed glory)

Daddy was obviously happy to meet the men, who were abandoned by their women, who were busy being pampered, who also left the children under their care.

There was an emcee at the event, mainly to host kiddy competitions to keep them off their moms. And she goes, Valenciaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... to victory.
I have no idea why the cameraman is there, but I guess his job is to attract the kids. You have no idea, kids these days are professional camwhores! Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Yo dude, that's my girl over there! She got her big lungs from me! *smug*

There's clowns too! I especially like this one, he's naughty and cheeky, not to mention cute too!
I think my bro was scolding me when I took the shot, haha.

I'm better, I managed 2 clowns, hehehe... Honestly, I had no idea, the one on stilts was behind me when we were taking the picture, hehe...

On our way out (we used an exit different from the entrance) we saw a carousel! I LOVE merry-go-rounds!

You don't have to tell me. I know we look alike. Except that I look older with those eyebags.
Ugh, I rushed back straight after my last paper for Mothers Day. Seems that the weariness has yet to wear off =(

After celebrating with my Mom in Valencia, we headed to meet my mom's mom, Granma!
Oh, oh, I wrapped that bouquet. Since granma's not fond of splurging on "useless overpriced flowers", mom presented her with her best garden blooms!

No comments: