Monday, March 23, 2009

fire alarm and getting drunk

Easter break is ON!!! *applause* Back to blogging again. Hate it when I'm so caught up with work. I've got LOADS to say but they're all compressed inside me. I feel like an aerosol bottle. Depress me for a spray of frustration in your face.

PSSssttttt..... Long rojak post depressurised.

Broadgate Park (BGP) is getting on my nerves intolerably. I can't wait to move out of this dump. Really. On Monday, I was super horrified to find Broadgate Park seeking for nearly 700 pounds of extra payment. SHAME ON YOU. A money making company like you trying to rip us off? They insist on the entire block paying for extra cleaning/ damages incurred by a couple of bad apples I was unfortunate enough to live with. That's the most absurd piece of logic I've ever heard. Here's proof.

This is utter nonsense. How is that fair to any one of us at all?

Just last Tuesday, I was in the shower, happily smothering my hair with Olive and Ginseng shampoo (I swear it smells oh-so-good), lathering pink shower creme on my skin, doing my rendition of Britney Spears' Circus (it is beyond addictive <3). All of a sudden, the bloody fire alarm went off. Curses! Like, what am I supposed to do? Run out naked, maybe with a towel , into the 10'C air? I don't know. You tell me. Poll on sidebar. MUST DO.

Don't skip. DO POLL. I want to know what you think.

In case you're wondering, I took a sniff outside my shower. It wasn't my kitchen, great! I took 1 minute to wash off everything, put something on, and walked out dripping wet, and without any bra/underwear. Turns out that it is VERY COLD when I'm not wearing undies, it's not even funny. Allow me to defend myself by saying that I am scared of fire alarms ever since the day I set fire to my own kitchen. No joke. Bra or no bra, I will evacuate. Because I take ages to put them on. Ahem. Something to do with not wearing glasses when I get dressed, I suppose.

In the end? There was no fire. BUT. There was another fire alarm on Friday, and yes, A REAL FIRE just below my floor, no joke. It had to catch me at the most inconvenient time --- when I'm changing! What is it with fire alarms ringing when I'm bathing/changing/sleeping/eating ?! Can you say suay!

Negativity aside, SPRING has officially sunk in! The sun is shining, the ducks are mating, everything about Spring is simply amazing! Even some people are getting "in the heat", ya'know what I'm saying? Unusual levels of appearance consciousness, a need to go mate hunting...*hint hint*

Fields of white daffodils opposite Broadgate Park. Hell yeah the grass is greener over here!

Don't like white? Nature makes yellow daffodils too!

Oh, and I'm proud to say I fulfilled one of my New Year Resolutions already!

I. GOT. DRUNK.
Not walking straight, calling skinny people fat, kind of drunk.

It happened at Pitchers & Piano, because Rachael, Sara and Elwin are going back for Easter. A perfect excuse to gather and drink. Hahaha. It's all part of embracing the local English culture of drinking *wink* Don't bother reporting to my parents about it. I've already confessed my sins to them prior to this entry. Of course, letting them find out first through a blog entry would a most disastrous thing to do.

The gang and half of our drinks for the night. More to come.
Myself, YitLing, Rachael, Sara, Elwin, Albert and Simon.
Kelvin, IngChang and Daniel were busy buying more drinks at this point in time.

A shot of tequila with salt and lime.

JaegerBombs!
My new favourite alcoholic drink. Click for link to wikipedia.
The RedBull that came with it however pushed me straight into hyper mode. I suppose the caffeine content was too high for my tolerance, that I literally, just kept jumping, and jumping, and jumping on the dancefloor. I'm surprised they didn't just dump me on the dancefloor because I was too embarassing, hahahaha... Love you guys.

OJs tainted with vodka I think. Don't know how many shots went in there, along with some Jack Daniels on the rocks in the background, which I passed. The taste is way too foul for my liking.

The girls got drunk even before drinking, hahaha. They like my beef too =P
YitLing, Rachael, Sara.

Pinky me, blur looking Elwin, thirsty Albert and Poor Simon.
I like how this picture gives the illusion of me having a good complexion, but I dislike how it gives you all a good view up my nostrils =.=" In reality, I'm breaking out so bad, thank God for concealers.

Despite my red face, I can assure you that I was still thinking AND walking straight at that point. By that time, we've already had a few drinks, and there were plenty awaiting consumption on the table. At least we had the sense to cushion the alcohol with some McD's for supper!

I deem it as a camwhoring worthy moment as I have not had a McDonald's Happy Meal in ages. Kelvin just had to sabotage my attempts a gazilliion times. Grrrr... Bite you.

Serious note here.
I'd like to thank Albert and Simon specially, for supporting the drunken airhead all night, enduring her mindless rambles and streaks of "violence". For the record, you boys look amazingly fit and I mean it =D Honest. I look forward to living with you both next year, and I promise to be a good girl. A big shout out goes to Daniel, IngChang, and Kelvin as well, for sending me back to my room. Totally appreciate it. Oh, and I didn't mean it when I said I wanted to castrate someone. Heh heh.

No more drinking for me. At least for a month anyway. Hahahaha....

Interestingly, I dropped dead on my bed at 3am, only to wake up at 7am. Neither was there vomit nor any signs of a hangover as well. Powerful. I made myself a mental note to not take this as an excuse to drink more. But it tasted so good.... *slaps self*

In fact, the night actually started out by going to watch this musical, which is a university production. It was mind blowing, I should add. Fantastic costumes, promising talents, and music that lingers in your head. An impressive interpretation of Shakespeares' A Midsummer Night's Dream, worthy of note. Who would've guessed that it was the night I got drunk for the first time ever.

Children, it's not nice to not do your homework. Now be a good kid, run along and do the POLL on the sidebar, or the boogieman will make you.

Whew. Now this long post felt good =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Broadgate park really sucks.Don't ever ever come back and stay with them again. Warn the juniors by the way..